This course has had several names in the past, including: Senior First Aid, Apply First Aid and Level 2 First Aid. Participants are equipped with the skills and knowledge to assist in almost any emergency situation involving first aid.
Our Trainer is a very experienced Paramedic, and will provide you with the best most engaging training you will find anywhere.
This course covers:
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- incident reporting
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as epilepsy and asthma
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy
- managing shock
- and much, much more!
This course is delivered by TraumaOne (Statements of Attainment are issued by their partner RTO Safety Corp RTOid 91694).